
George Orwell's 1984, is my all time favorite book! Hunger Games is similar to 1984 in that it is set in a country of the future that controls every facet of an individual's daily life. Since Jorge and I both have a background in politics, we love books that discuss the overturn of governments. The reading level of Hunger Games is simplistic but an enjoyably fast read. Last night, Jorge and I stopped by Barnes & Noble so that I could pick up the second installment in Hunger Games trilogy, Catching Fire. I have to say, the second book has me hooked already! Jorge and I are looking forward to watching the move when it comes out Friday, March 23. If you have time, read the first book before the movie comes out. This week, I have the task of keeping my husband on track with reading Hunger Games during March Madness!
Being Latina is complicated.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave thoughts your thoughts and opinions here! This is how we all grow.