Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Inability To Wear High Heels

These photographs are of Kim Kardashian's shoe collection. 


All of these shoes for the most part are absolutely gorgeous! I am sure that their cost is ridiculous. As much as I love heels, they hurt like hell. There is a teacher at my job that walks around in huge heels on a daily basis. I wish that I could do the same, but I can last a mere 15 minutes in a pair of two inch heels. My guy best friend finally told me that now that I am in my twenties, I cannot use comfort as an excuse not to wear heels. So I guess that it is time to tell my TOMS good bye? I know that I one day want to have a closet full of beautiful heels, but it would be pointless to collect them if they hurt so badly. Also, I know that I would not be able to keep up with seventh graders if  I am walking around on stilts. 

As for now, heels are ruled out for work, but are a necessity on dates with my husband. Since I complain about the pain, I broke down and bought a pair of expensive black heels from ALDO. I never thought that the brand affected the comfort of the shoe so much, but it does! Expensive heels feel so much better than cheapy Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe heels. I think it is unfair that I have to drop a hundred and twenty dollars on heels while my sister can rock twenty dollar heels and look just as fabulous. My little sister is a master at wearing inexpensive heels! She can last a whole quince or wedding without having to slip into chanclas - this is totally unfair. Is the gift of wearing heels genetic and I just wasn't blessed with good feet? If it is genetic, I am not blessed with "the good gene" and this got me thinking....I had to do research.

Genetics affect your ability to wear heels! The way people carry their weight is affected by genetics. My sister carries her weight VERY differently from me. I'm thick everywhere, but especially around my waistline. This translates into the fact that my core muscles are weak. Weak core muscles result in bad posture. Strong core muscles and good posture are essential for being able to wear heels. So once again, I have another incentive workout! Exercise will improve my health (diabetes in the family and affects minorities the most...) and ability to wear heels! 

2 comments:

  1. My issue is that I am obsessed with comfortable expensive basketball shoes, but my current job and salary does not allow me to rock them and have many as I would like to. I feel your pain, but I cannot say so physically. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea...Basketball shoes are pricey! For Valentine's Day, I bought my husband a pair of LeBron James' new shoes and it put a hefty dent in our budget. He will be taking care of those shoes for quite a while. I cannot wait for the day that we do not have to worry about money. When you work hard, you should be able drop whatever you want on shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Leave thoughts your thoughts and opinions here! This is how we all grow.