Sky Harbor International airport was a no brainer at 11:45 pm. My mom was quickly able to grab her luggage and find our car. We don't typically eat this late, but times of celebration call for In-N-Out. A hamburger, and an ice tea later, we all jumped into the car and came back to our apartment in Phoenix and fell fast asleep.
Saturday was my day to show my mom around town. The first stop on our journey was the Scottsdale mall. My Mom, Jorge and I all love shopping! I found 3 great deals. First, Charlotte Russe had sandals on sale for five to ten dollars. I picked up four pairs, enough to last all summer long. It totaled approximately thirty-five dollars. So if you are in need of some chanclas, go to Charlotte Russe and pick some up before the sale ends.
 |
| Can't wait to wear them throughout the spring and summer! |
Banana Republic was where my second great steal took place. I was able to pick up two headbands that were both originally twenty-five dollars each, for twelve dollars total. Headbands are my go to accessory when I am in a rush or need to add a little sophistication to a simplistic hairstyle. Time may not be my friend on a daily basis, but headbands are always there for me in the mornings. I loved my new headbands so much that I knew that I would have to wear one to dinner.
 |
| My classy and chic Banana Republic headbands. |
H&M was the last store that I conquered. I was able to purchase a patterned dress for ten dollars. How sweet is a ten dollar dress? By the time we left H&M, it was time to get ready for dinner.
My husband made reservations for a restaurant that we have been fixated on since we heard about the homemade pasta noodles that they serve.
 |
| I was able to take a picture of the guy who makes the pasta. |
 |
| This is the pose he made when I told him to look serious. |
Gaspar's on 16th Avenue in Phoneix turned out to be amazing. All three of us had never tried fresh pasta before, so this was a first for all of us. White or red sauce, all of the dishes were amazing.
 |
| As you can see, my husband is really happy with his pasta dish. |
 |
| Their beautiful brick oven! |
What I hadn't known about this restaurant was the fact that they use a real brick oven. In the future, I would try their pizza after having tried their fresh brick oven garlic flat bread. For dessert, we had a cannoli and agreed that it was the best we had ever tried. Lemon zest was in the cannoli's filling and made all the difference between a bland and amazing cannoli.
 |
| The AMAZING Cannoli! |
 |
| Me |
 |
| My Mom and I |
 |
| My Mom and Jorge |
We said goodbye to Gaspar's and kept on trekking. Star Wars is Jorge's favorite trilogy where mine is the Godfather. Bottom line, we have differing taste in movies. We know that going to the movies means having a long discussion about what movie we are going to watch. As we arrived at UltraStar Cinemas and there wasn't much to choose from. We compromised on Disney's John Carter. My mother and I are not the biggest science fiction fans, but this movie had a nice balance between science-fiction, romance, and drama. We were a little lost for the first ten minutes, but the movie quickly picked up and held our attention the entire time. You would think that after the movies, we'd call it a day. Nope, my mom is a machine and made us go to the gym. How could I tell the one women who means the world to me, "No?"Being Latina is complicated.
P.S. We passed out in our beds afterward.
Spending the day with my daughter was simply wonderful! She holds the key to my heart! The Scottsdale Mall was a beautiful place to shop! Dinner was awesome too! The cannoli is sinfully delish! I wish I could have the recipe. As for watching the latest movie, John Carter, it was a great family flick!
ReplyDelete