![]() |
| Courtesy of Nala Films, Pantelion Films, and Lionsgate |
I was hoping that the film would be a more elevated Nacho Libre and it turned out to be a boring melodrama that lasted about 60 minutes too long. Aesthetically, the film was interesting, but the story was weak and the acting was not that exaggerated. I personally did not form an attachment to any of the characters. Maybe some of the humor was literally lost in translation? My husband's first language is Spanish and he didn't even seem to enjoy the film all that much.
Twenty dollars in the hole and an hour and twenty-four minutes later, I felt bad for wasting precious hours of sleep viewing this film. Now I know that even if a film has a Latino theme, it does not mean I am going to be a fan.
If you watch it, let me know what you think of the film.
Being Latina is complicated.

Just rented that movie. So lame. It seemed like Will Ferrell wasn't completely there...as if he was just going through the motions and picking up his checks.
ReplyDeleteEl crappo.