Friday, May 4, 2012

Fruitful Friday: I'm thankful for honest people!

Right when I beg my husband for an iPhone and he finally agrees, I lose my current cell phone on the bus ride back from the Los Angeles Latina Lifestyle Blog Conference. To make matters worse, I did not even know that my phone was missing until my dad called my husband, Jorge, and told him that somebody named Jose found my phone.

I need a phone upgrade pronto! 
Jorge, immediately gives me a stink eye that clearly read, "So you think you deserve an iPhone?" Before I let him speak what I knew he was thinking, I replied, "If I had an expensive phone, I'd make sure that I would never lose it." Naturally my comment irked him, but he left it at that and called Jose back.

Who is this Jose character? Turns out that the grandma lady that I sat next to on the bus has a son named Jose. My seatmate gave the phone to her son to return to me. He is really nice guy and is mailing my phone back to me. There are still honest people in this world and Jose happens to be one of them.

Looks like it is going to be a while before I warm Jorge up to the iPhone idea, but I guess a Pantech is better than nothing?

Being Latina is complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave thoughts your thoughts and opinions here! This is how we all grow.