Saturday, March 3, 2012

1 week until Spring Break

I have two and a half months left of teaching and then I am done. Now that I am nearing the end of my two year contract with Teach For America, I can honestly say that I am a better person. My first year was absolute hell. I wouldn't call my second year easy, but it is less gloomy. Life is so much better now that I have my husband here. (We were married in October!) I am so in love with him. I have worked on maintaining a healthier work life balance. Even with a better work-life balance, there is no way that I can teach for the rest of my life. I have the utmost respect for teachers, but I cannot live this lifestyle forever. I would honestly slowly run myself to the ground if I stood in teaching. It is far too demanding. What I have realized is that I do enjoy the field of education! So as of now, law school is out of the question. The plan is to gain acceptance into the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute's Graduate Fellowship Program. If I can get in, I will be able to strengthen my knowledge of Education and Public Policy at the same time. In simpler terms...I need this program to make me a contender! A contender in what you ask? Harvard's Education Leadership Doctoral Program. I am going to have Harvard on the brain for the next two years.

3 comments:

  1. I could have been a contender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your journey! Many adventures await :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sam: I had to pay homage to your favorite On The Waterfront quote.

    ReplyDelete

Leave thoughts your thoughts and opinions here! This is how we all grow.