Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wishful Wednesday and Fruitful Fridays

The new trend coming to the Being Latina blog are themed entries. Wishful Wednesdays will feature new movies, music, food, books, apparel, shoes, etc. that are so hot you wish you had them! Secondly, Fruitful Fridays will feature things in which I am grateful to have as a Mexican-American.

In the spirit of Wishful Wednesdays....I wish I had a Manuel's Tepeyac Hollenbeck burrito! Travel Channel's Man v. Food featured a challenge at this restaurant and it happens to be my family's favorite Mexican eatery. I only recommend the East Los Angeles location, not the knock off one in the City of Industry on the side of the 210 freeway.

My sexy husband eating the best enchiladas in East L.A.

Good New Mexico chile is hard to find in Arizona. I have not discovered a place that is near comparable to Manuel's so it will always be number one in my book. This is not the kind of place you want to visit if you are on a diet, but it is the place for you if you are in need of authentic New Mexican comfort food.

The Infamous Burrito Challenge that my friend Nelson conquered!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness the Hollenbeck! That was my dad's favorite burrito. He grew up in East LA and when we moved to Nor Cal he missed it so much that every time my sisters came to visit they would buy one for him and drive it the 7 hours to our house and he would eat it all haha. He also didn't like the one off the 210. We call the place "Manuel's" though cause he always said hi to Manuel when he was there.

    ReplyDelete

Leave thoughts your thoughts and opinions here! This is how we all grow.