My husband's barber told him for months and months that he would love to do my hair. I finally gave in around May. This guy burned my hair to the point that as he was blow drying it, little pieces of hair were flying around my hair as they broke off. It was mortifying. I learned two important lessons.
1) Don't go to someone who doesn't speak the same language as you. (Husbands do not make great interpreters.)
2) If the person doing your hair does not want to let you look into the mirror, it is a definite sign that something went horribly wrong.
![]() |
| I just want my long pretty hair back! |
It has now been four months since this horrid experience, but I am still traumatized. I had to cut my hair really short as a result of how badly he burned my hair. Yes, I could imagine someone who is bald (Like my dad) telling me, "Well be glad you have any hair." True, true, but it is not the same. There is no legitimate reason for me to have short hair except for the fact that this guy messed me up.
I am still bitter. My hair hasn't really grown a ton in four months because I have had to get several trims. I never knew that you are supposed to get your hair trimmed every 3-4 months, until this fiasco. I don't foresee my hair getting back to its typical length for another year. In the meantime, I have a little trick up my sleeve.
Extensions! They work wonders. A good pack of extensions with clips should cost anywhere from eighty-five to a hundred and fifty dollars. Pricey, I know, but they are worth the investment. Plus, you don't want to walk around with stringy, plastic looking hair. All you have to do is look up your local weave/wig shop or even Sally's Beauty. Walk in and don't be ashamed that you are looking for fake hair. Everybody wears extensions now. Every shop that I have visited in California and Arizona has been friendly so far and eager to help you find your perfect length. I like my hair super long, so I buy eighteen inch extensions.
They are also super easy to snap onto your head. Below I have posted a link to a Youtube video that will show you exactly what to do. Happy extension hunting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lJ5h9TiiiU
Being Latina is complicated when you don't speak Spanish and that is your ex-hairdresser's only language.

Hair extensions can last up to six months if they are of high quality and are well taken care of. And if you are going to invest much money on high quality human hair extensions, of course you are going to take the best care of them possible. Making sure you know how to take care of your human hair extension is very important in keeping them looking natural and in good shape.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.wefthairweave.com/
I know almost exactly how you feel. I went into a shop to get my hair done, I showed the lady a picture, and told her to do some kind of alternates to it since my hair was so short. That was the worst idea. I ended up basically with a pixie cut that didn't work. My best friend told me about goddess remi extensions. They helped so much, and finally my hair has started growing so it looks so natural and I love them. Thanks for sharing your story, and so sorry you had that experience.
ReplyDelete